Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Guest Room

I've been working in our guest room this week, trying to make it more livable. Last week it was just a bed in a white room, so I'm pretty happy with how things are progressing.

I finished painting the dresser that we got from Kevin's mom. I think it looks really pretty. We painted it white and picked up some brushed nickel pulls to put on it.  I wish I had taken a before picture, but hopefully you can imagine. It's a pretty big difference, from orangey oak to clean white. We are in the process of finishing painting a nightstand that is similar. I got the distressed white mirror from TJ Maxx on clearance and I will hang it above the dresser soon.



Then, I finally bought a chair that I have been thinking about for a while. A while back I saw this chair at HomeGoods and it reminded me of the vintage French upholstered chairs at Restoration Hardware, like this one. I love the French country style and to me this chair is so elegant and feminine. I think it has just the right amount of distressing, which gives it character. So, I brought home the chair at HomeGoods which cost less than half of the price of one at RH, lol. Plus the one I got seems to be a little wider and more like an arm chair than a dining chair.  Here are some pictures of it in the room. I love how the dark wood pulls out the dark color out of the curtains and the cream cushions coordinate well; plus it has white distressing which ties in nicely with the trim and furniture.



So, what do you think? Should I keep the chair or go for something different?

8 comments:

  1. I think it all looks really great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep the chair!!! it looks great!get a throw pilllow (small) and put in chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the dresser! I love the look of white furniture! The chair looks great! I agree, a small throw pillow in the chair would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chairs like that! Keep it!! The room already looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your guest room is really coming along beautifully! I think the chair works well there. Keep it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is looking so nice. I especially love the walkway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the chair. It's super classic and could easily be updated with a pillow or throw. I think one of those vintage number pillows would look great!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips